What's New @ RPCA
Be sure to visit the What's New page to check
out recent industry & organization related events, news and regulatory updates.
Don't forget to join our email notification and we will keep you updated
Pittsburgh Air Brake Company (PABCO)
Freight & Passenger Two Day Air Brake ClassDay One – Classroom
1. FRA Training Rules
2. History of Train Brakes
3. How the Air Moves in the Brake System
4. Relay Valve, what they are and why we use them
5. Different types of Brake Equipment
6. Single Car Testing using Test codes
7. 50 question test
Day Two – Hands-On
1. Daily test of a Single Car Testing Device
2. Hands-on testing of Air Brake System using a Single Car Testing Device and all associated gauges
Written test and hands on test are required to receive an Air Brake Card, good for 3 years.
Each student will receive their own workbook and test codes for the different types of Freight and Passenger Car Brake Systems.
Contact the PABCO