Members Code of Conduct
The purpose of this code is to ensure that the Railroad Passenger Car Alliance
(RPCA) carries out its mission safely, professionally and productively in a
atmosphere of consensus and cooperation, and that members' experiences
as volunteers are enjoyable. It is intended to define generally accepted behavior
Definitions - In this Document:
- The terms "Railroad Passenger Car Alliance", "RPCA" and "Organization" shall be
constructed as one without distinction as to one another.
- The term "member" or "Member" refers to any person or individual, group or
company to whom membership has been granted.
- The term "Board" refers to the Railroad Passenger car Alliance Board of Directors.
General Member Behavior:
- Members shall treat other members, visitors, RPCA Contractors, employees,
public officials and railroad employees with respect, courtesy and good will
at all times.
- Physical abuse or intimidation or harassment on the basis of race, creed,
gender, national origin, disability, religion, or sexual orientation shall
be grounds for revocation of membership.
- Personal disputes between members have no place in the RPCA and at our functions.
- The possession and use of illegal controlled substances at RPCA functions
or on railroad property or equipment is prohibited.
- All members shall be welcome and encouraged to participate in all RPCA activities.
- As has been the case since the Organization's inception, members are welcome
to attend any Board Meeting not held in Executive Session. During attendance at
said Board Meetings, members may interject thoughts or ask questions only if
recognized by the Chair. While attending Board Meetings , members should
refrain from sitting at the meeting table, account space considerations.
Project Direction and Lines of Authority:
- Members conducting RPCA work are under the direct supervision of the
Board or appointed Committee Chairs.
- Members who hold supervisory or Officer Status have a special responsibility
to avoid words, acts and / or deeds that are arrogant, insensitive, capricious
or that represent a conflict of interest.
- Only members designated by the Board may represent the RPCA at meetings,
public or private gatherings or to the news media in whatever form it may
take (i.e. print, radio, television, internet, etc.).
- Financial commitments may only be made by duly authorized RPCA Officers.
- The Board may exclude any member of the RPCA from organization activities
or events, up to a maximum of five (5) days, if such such members engages in
conduct which, if allowed to continue, would constitute an immediate threat
of bodily injury to persons or to the immediate damage to, or destruction of
- The Board may also exclude from RPCA activities any person so under the
influence of alcohol, a drug or any other substance(s), that they cannot
care for their own safety and for the safety of others.
- The Board may also ultimately revoke membership in the RPCA for
unprofessional conduct or conduct that negatively affects the name,
goodwill and / or professional reputation of the Organization.
This policy was adopted by the RPCA Board of Directors
at the June 12, 2010 Board Meeting.